Saturday, October 25, 2008

Technology?

Once again, I have to be honest. I hate mission statements. Why? Because most of the time, they are long, boring, and meaningless. Now, I have to give our mission statement credit - it is easy to read and (mostly) understandable. My problem is with all the added definitions.

So how do I see OCLS helping the community? Well, we have computer classes where patrons and staff can learn about the newest technology available (LIVE). We are innovative in bringing new technology - such as Overdrive and ebooks - into the system and making them accesible to the community. Some of them are just for fun (PLAY). We offer online resources that can help people learn (LEARN) about many different topics, including how to set-up and operate your own small business (WORK).

2 comments:

OCLS Learn 2.0 said...

Hey Shadows,

You sort of lost me with the "added definitions" comment. Can you explain? Do you not like the statements or having to apply the statements to your experience at OCLS? Thanks!

Tom

Shadows of Illusion said...

I just don't care for how all the words are underlined and link to various definitions for the words in our mission statement. I have no problem applying them. Or, for the most part, defining them either. I think it just becomes overly complicated.