Thursday, April 30, 2009

Learn 2.5

So what happened to point 3 and point 4? Some sort of conspiracy, I tell you.

I'm certainly not a Second Life kind of person. However, as you can see from the right side of my blog, I do have an avatar. Quite familiar with those, actually. Hard-core Sims player here. LOL But not the online versions. Nope, I prefer to keep my gaming to myself.

I can see how OCLS would be able to communicate and educate others through a program like SL though. I really doubt that the animated virtual reality worlds would ever completely overtake using libraries or other resources in person. Remember when Stephan King decided to use the Internet and publish whatever that one book was that he published online and you only had to pay like a $1...? Anyways - my point is that I *hated* reading it online. I ended up wasting much ink on my printer so I could have the pages in hand. Something about holding a book and smelling that "musty old book" or "new book" smell... Ahh. This is much like the love of "new car" smell. It just can't be replaced in my heart with digital blinks and blips.

No comments: